Long Live Southbank Anniversary Jam – Forty Years Later… 1 Year On


This weekend just gone I went along to this legendary skate spot to see the community jam to celebrate one year of the 'Long Live Southbank' campaign. It was a wonderful sunny day and the place was buzzing with hundreds of people seeing some great skateboarding and BMXing.

If you don't know of the campaign to save the Undercroft from redevelopment please see their website to learn more about the place and it's rich history: http://www.llsb.com/

I made these in-situ drawings during the day to capture the moment and met several people interested in what I was doing. The highlight being a Chinese chap who stood with me for at least 20 mins whilst I drew the skateboard graveyard from the Hungerford Bridge, he was fascinated by my detailed drawing of broken skateboards and said "you are beautiful" I think he was talking about the drawing however!

Southbank UndercroftLong Live Southbank Petition table






Southbank Skateboarders

Broken skateboards on the skateboard graveyard

No comments:

Post a Comment